Although there are 114 chakras in and around your physical body, there are seven major chakras that form the central power point that control your being. The colors of these chakras correspond to the seven colors of the rainbow and seven elements, and are placed at specific energy centers of your body.
- The Root or Muladhara chakra is the very foundation of your being, its core element is the Earth and resonates to the color red.
- The Sacral or Svadhisthana chakra harnesses your sexuality and sensuality, and contradictory to popular belief, it resonates to the color orange with water being its core element.
- The Solar Plexus or Manipura chakra resonates to the color yellow and has the core element of fire. It is related to your quench for knowledge.
- The Heart or Anahata chakra creates as sense of love and compassion. Just imagine the peace you get in fresh air out in a lovely green space. It resonates to the color green and its core element is air.
- The Throat or Vishuddha chakra with its core element of sound (the air that converts to speech as you speak) resonates to the color blue. It lets you express yourself uninhibitedly.
- The Third Eye or Ajna chakra, which resonates with Purple or Indigo, represents light and refers to your intuitive powers and wisdom.
- The Crown or Sahasrara chakra opens your divine consciousness. It corresponds to the color violet.
You tend to experience discomfort when one or more of your chakras are blocked and hence you either go hyperactive or passive. Hope you have a happy and healthy life!