A Floating Library!

I started my professional life in Churchgate, but the reason I am drawn to the place more is mainly because of the used books library at Fort. Well, it’s not really a library, per se, more like a store where you can get original and fake books that are more of hand-me-downs at very reasonable prices. Once you are done, you can just return the books and get over 60% of your money back. When I am hunting for something that I can’t afford or find, i go down there. with over 10 vendors selling thousands of books, you most often than never find what you are looking for…but not always! 😦

11 Comments Add yours

1. fastvins says:

very true with last few words “but not always”…..i was so badly searching for a book on radars and to my dismay the last piece was sold an hour ago i reached..yea but true its the mecca , Medina for books …

1. Kamakshi says:

I have been looking for Sheila Dhar for ever, but I have been disappointed by 5 years now 😦 but i will not give up so fast!!

1. fastvins says:

did u happen to get sheila dhar……

2. Kamakshi says:

Not yet..but i will not give up, i am sure she will grace me with her writing one day!

2. Caroline says:

What’s a fake book?

1. Kamakshi says:

when i said fake, i meant pirated copies of originals..Thanks for stopping by Caroline!

3. Touch2Touch says:

That is my idea of a beautiful place!
    One in which you could spend hours, getting lost in the merchandise!
    Hope you are feeling much better —

1. Kamakshi says:

Feeling better Judith, how sweet of you to ask! But I am feeling a bit too jaded off late…may consider taking a hiatus from blogging..but i fear a break and i may not be back for a long time, so pushing my self far!!

And yes it is an amazing world to enter, if you even plan a trip to Mumbai, make sure to stop by there!!