The Commoners

If you have walked the roads of Dadar and locations nearby, you would pass many old souls with two baskets full of vegetables loaded on a balance on their shoulders cheerfully. You will usually spot them in typical half-pants and a Gandhi topi as they cheerfully carry the heavy loads carefully maintaining their stability, pace in a jolly balancing act. And as an ode to this early set of inhabitants of Mumbai City, a statue of the evergreen vegetable vendor can be seen just opposite Plaza Theatre at Dadar, Mumbai.

P.S.: A sad update…this evening a high-intensity bomb blast rocked the Kabutarkhana area at Dadar one of three of its kind, killing 8 people at last count. The place is quite close to my work place and at 7.10 pm IST, it is a bustling market area. Please pray for the souls of those deceased, even though me and my friends are safe, it pains me to think of what would have happened.

15 Comments Add yours

1. 4otomo says:

Hi! Thanks for the like on my blog 🙂

1. Kamakshi says:

I ‘like’ what i see! thanks for stopping by!

2. Touch2Touch says:

I just saw the news of the blasts and thought of you — was about to email, but saw your post that you are okay. Thank heavens! And glad you posted so quickly —
    Thoughts and wishes and hugs, Judith

1. Kamakshi says:

Thanks Judith (Why didn’t you ever correct me calling you with a wrong name?)
      We are all safe but its very overwhelming…the place is barely a couple of kms away and i had plans of working late…maybe that’s why overreacting!

1. Touch2Touch says:

Hey, Touch2Touch is my blog’s name —
        There’s an old joke, Call me anything, just don’t call me late for dinner.
        I’ll go with that.
        🙂

2. Kamakshi says:

Sorry i kept calling you Tsarina…and Judith you are alway welcome for dinner! we’ll keep you safe and warm don’t worry 🙂

3. Sheetal says:

Glad you are safe…
    And another wonderful click…
    I want to stay in Mumbai at least for a week and do nothing but take pictures!

1. Kamakshi says:

Thanks Sheetal…one more narrow escape, i was at churchgate 5 y ears ago…always welcome here, its not so bad everyday 🙂

4. Patti Kuche says:

Another lovely visit to Mumbai through your wonderful photos. So many best wishes to you and fellow citizens of the world for peaceful times!

1. Kamakshi says:

Thanks Patti, your comments just lifted by dampened spirits, there is more to come 🙂 at least people still have nice things to say about a demure and helpless city!

5. Thank you for sharing, Kamakshi. I will pray for those that have passed, as well as for those in harm’s way. Stay safe.

1. Kamakshi says:

Thanks for you kind words and thanks for stopping by!

6. nuvofelt says:

So much sorrow. Indeed praying for the families of those killed. So sad.

1. Kamakshi says:

I’m sorry too..thanks for stopping by and ur kind words